Aims and Means
The Society is a non-profit, pro bono publico organization. Its aim is to produce, gather and disseminate scientific knowledge on aspects of exercise biochemistry and physiology.
Means of accomplishment of the Society’s aim include:
- National and international congresses.
- Social involvement by issuing position statements on key issues (exercise and health, therapeutic applications of exercise, doping, etc.).
- Cooperation with official bodies of the State to promote aspects of exercise biochemistry and physiology; recommendation thereon to competent national and municipal authorities.
- Training young scientists in research techniques by organizing applied tutorials and e-learning.
- Contributing to the organization and operation of graduate programs in exercise biochemistry and physiology.
- Creation of relevant website and database.
- Publishing an international scientific journal.
- Application for and execution of national or international scientific projects.
- Cooperation with similar Greek, foreign and international societies, as well as non-profit organizations (such as local authorities, public entities, etc.) whose goals coincide with the Society’s aim.